Back to previous set, Up to John James (Jamie) Chew, IV, Forward to next set
Photos: Jamie Chew Photos #2 (November 12-15, 2003)
Click on contact sheet photos to see larger, edited versions.
Click on the following phrase to see all photos in one page.
Huge original files may be available upon e-mailed request.
- Chihoko Watanabe meets Jamie. Chihoko is a retired Japanese nurse, and was delighted to hold a newborn in her arms again, and excited to tour the excellent facilities at TEGH's Birthing Centre.
- My mom brought dinner for everyone again!
- John sleeps in with Jamie and almost misses his 48-hour "birthday" celebration (colostrum, burps and a free diaper change for the celebrant).
- Groggy and a little blotchy after the exertions of nursing, but Ren's examination by natural light confirms no jaundice.
- Five minutes of hitting him on the back, applying gently pressure to his abdomen and a general torso "toothpaste squeeze" and he waits until I put him down to let out a big burp.
- The burp woke him up, and he's looking away from the window, toward where Kristen is sitting.
- I think he's really imprinting on the camera. His favorite things to look at are: 1. Kristen, 2. the camera lens, 3. the fluorescent light over the bed (he'll miss that), and 4. me. I'm just happy to make the top five.
- Grandma Laraine says good morning to Jamie.
- Everyone's gone home. Time to stare at the ceiling.
- Jamie loves staring at this part of the ceiling. When I was a child I would drive my parents nuts by shouting "Den!" (Japanese for "Light!") every time we drove under a streetlight.
- Looking well-rested, unlike his parents, at one of six or seven feedings tonight.
- Jamie with his dad and Dr. Perry Phillips, the obstetrician who delivered him.
- A finger can keep him happy for a couple of minutes.
- Getting ready to go home.
- "Am I ready to leave?"
- Baby in a snowsuit in a sling.
- Jamie does his Maggie Simpson impression.
- Grandmother and grandson.
- Auntie Jennifer and her first nephew.
- Jamie's first bath.
- Dreaming of Lawrence of Arabia.
- Taking a break from singing "Rubber Duckie" to look at the camera.
- Clean and mellow after his first bath.
- Tucked into bed at home for the first time.
- Justin meets Jamie.